Educational Cuba Travel
University & College faculty, staff & students, K-12 teachers from USA are eligible to travel to Cuba under the General License, a process that can be completed by individuals & educational institutions without submitting the application to OFAC.
General License for US Cuba Travel
Whether you want to go to Cuba for Professional Research, Support for the Cuban People, Professional Meetings, Religious Activities, Public Performances, Exhibitions or Workshops, chances are you can find a Cuba tour that matches your interest in our 2020 & 2021 rooster. Here’s our full roster of Cuba tours:
Cuba Study Tours and Cuba School Travel
Dozens of North American Schools put their trust in Authentic Cuba Travel® each year to organize custom made Cuba Study Tours, Cuba School Trips and Educational Programs in Cuba. Join US!
CUBA SCHOOL TOURS are fully customizable to meet the needs of your university, college, school or private group around any interest or theme, from nature and bird watching Cuba tours, to arts and architecture Cuba tours, to cultural and educational Cuba travel.
We also help groups organize events, festivals and conferences in Cuba. We facilitate 100% of your Cuba travel, accommodation and itinerary arrangements from departure to return.
Authentic Cuba Travel® makes certain your Cuba experience is rewarding, safe and memorable. Our expert staff in Canada and Cuba guarantees quick seamless coordination.
Do not forget to read the Testimonials from Educators like YOU!
that travel with us.
A custom itinerary proposal and budget takes about two days for us to deliver to you. And it is a complimentary service (no charge for it!).
Best group size is about twenty (20) travellers plus two (2) complimentary free teachers!
Do also check the FREE Cuba Explorer Tours for Educators
These tours provide educators a good opportunity to travel to Cuba before taking your students– especially for those who have not been to Cuba before.
Check Our Most Popular Cuba Study Trips
With customizable Cuba study tours, it is easy to offer North American Universities and Schools the educational experiences they expect out of Cuba travel. Not only is there a Cuba study trip to fit any group size, educational interest and budget, but each one also immerses Canadian and US Professors and students in the authentic Cuba and takes you deep into the heart and soul of the Cuban people.
Cuba Study Tours Include:
Nice, Safe, Clean 3 & 4 Star Hotels
Complimentary Professor(s) Participation
Official Asistur Cuban Health Insurance
Luxury Air-conditioned Coach Transportation
An Expert Cuban English Speaking Guide
Activities & Exchanges as Described
24/7 Support Before, During and After your Cuba Study Tour
Resources for Educators:
Free Exploration Tour
100 Educator Loyalty Points per student!
Complimentary Custom Website
Complimentary Facebook Page
Won’t be alone when introducing your Cuba Educational Tour
Educators' Testimonials on Cuba Study Trips
Group Photo of Santa Clara University, School of Law Students at the Aula Magna of the University of Havana, 2013. Photo Courtesy of Professor Anna Han
"The trip was well organized. The local guide and driver were really helpful and friendly. The students enjoyed experiencing Cuba and getting to know some of its unique history and culture. The rapid changes there made us all very glad to have visited at this time."
Professor Anna M. Han, Santa Clara University, School of Law, USA
- "The trip was the most amazing experience ever!!! Mildred, our Cuban guide is FANTASTIC!!!! Wow!!! I can not say enough about the time we had!!
The kids, the moms - everyone, had such a great time. We were treated like gold everywhere we went and everything ran very smoothly. I know I'm gushing, but I truely can not say enough about the experience! I would recommend it to anyone who would like to see Cuba the way we did!
Thank you so much again for making this a trip of a lifetime for the DancEast dancers!"
Shelley Chiasson-Collins, Danceast Ballet School of Canada
- "The trip went absolutely wonderful. Tatiana, our tour guide, was superb and dealt with the different situations in the most professional and kind way. None of the students were in sociology, politics, economics etc. so many concepts might have been irrelevant or over their head to them or over emphasized, but this is the reason I wanted to take them to Cuba. I wanted for them to learn not only about politics, culture and society, but also what brings us together and this is the human interaction. In that perspective it was great and Tatiana was great, the many people we met were great, and the driver was outstanding."
Jessica D. Cassleman, Washington State University, USA
- "Our tour guide (Alexis) was one of the best tour guides I have ever
had. I have a PhD in Latin American literature and I had read
extensively about Cuban history before joining this tour, and yet I
learned so much from Alexis on this trip. He was incredibly
knowledgeable about so many aspects of Cuban life: politics, history,
art, music, sports, relationships … Alexis was also entertaining,
comical; he had us all on the edge of our seats when he spoke. It was
obvious to me that he had done his homework because he was prepared
for every possible question, which he answered enthusiastically and
creatively. Alexis maintained a balanced view; for example, was able
to point out the benefits of the Cuban schools and health care system
while explaining the problems inherent in Cuban’s economy. At the end
of just 7 days, I felt like all of my questions about Cuba had been
answered by an intelligent, informed professional. But his lessons on Cuba didn’t end with
the tour; Alexis was constantly suggesting books and documentaries to
learn more about Cuba when we returned to the U.S. What an
intellectual. I am so grateful to Alexis!"
Daniel Gilden, PhD, Department of World Languages, Kent Denver School, USA
- "Authentic Cuba Tours created an absolutely unique, educational, and
fun experience for 19 of our students. Yane and the staff were
extremely responsive to our needs at all stages of planning the trip.
The activities and accommodations were well-tailored to our interests
and budget. The agency was quite knowledgeable about U.S. legal
issues, and even helped with some of the required paperwork. I would
unconditionally recommend them for a group of any size, and found them
very well equipped to respond quickly to any issues both before and
during the trip."
Patrick G. Blaine, Ph.D., Morningside College, USA
- "Only ninety miles from the United States, Cuba is virtually unknown to most Americans, inspiring, at best, superficial and contradictory images of an island paradise and an island prison. To help our students overcome such a deficit of information, Western Kentucky University sponsored its first ever Cuban study-abroad program during the 2013 winter term. As the co-leader for fourteen students and three non-credit participants, I was particularly grateful for the thoughtful and efficient arrangements that Authentic Cuba Travel® provided. Not only did we have the on-site services of Ms. Mirelys Gonzales, the best tour guide that one could ever ask for, but we also had ready access to the knowledge and experience of Ms. Yane Marquez and Mr. Luis Diaz.
With some travel agencies, a person feels too constricted, too confined to an established itinerary. With others, he feels too disconnected, too abandoned. Authentic Cuba Tours, I’m happy to say, navigates with professionalism between these two extremes. During the planning stage, we often had to make changes—both in our calendar and in our destinations. There was no hesitation in cheerfully accommodating our sometimes-fluid schedule. A genuine desire to ensure that we had the best experience possible in their homeland seemed to be the company’s guiding objective. I would heartily recommend Authentic Cuba to any educational group.
Our study-tour with Authentic Cuba was indeed successful—successful because the group returned intellectually challenged to articulate the complexity of our nearest Caribbean neighbor. As a couple of students observed, they doubted that they had been exposed to so much information in such a short length of time since they were infants. Our readings and field trips took us across the breadth of Cuban culture—from politics to literature, from Ché Guevara to Ernest Hemingway, from agriculture to the cigar industry, from the Bay of Pigs to the Straits of Florida.
Everywhere we went the Cuban people greeted us with amazing hospitality and genuine warmth. As soon as they learned that we were from Estados Unidos, they immediately wanted to strike up a conversation or invite the students to participate in a dance. As individuals, we could not have felt more welcomed. It was hard to believe that our governments have been at odds with each other. We were also keenly aware that we were at the cusp of major changes that are rapidly occurring in this island nation and returned grateful for having had the opportunity to experience Cuba when we did. Future study-abroad programs with Authentic Cuba are certainly in the interest of WKU and its students as we embrace our university's international vision.
Walker Rutledge, Western Kentucky University, USA
- "We are all back safe and sound - after our wonderful visit to Cuba. Alex and Yera, our Cuban escorts were absolutely fantastic for us. Alex is not only very well informed and experienced, but, has a sincere desire to share this knowledge and try to help us to better understand his culture. I am sure you already know this, but, I really wanted to let you know what a major impact Alex had on the quality of our stay - he is a fantastic tour guide.
The other guides we had were also excellent and much appreciated. Finally, also a sincere thank you to yourself and Authentic Cuba Travel® staff in Canada for all the help and assistance. The reason why I was so comfortable with you was based on the prompt and detailed nature of all your email responses to my numerous questions.
George C. Walker, Geography Department Bellevue College, USA
Group Photo of Philadelphia University, Students at Alamar Organoponico, Cuba 2013. Photo Courtesy of Professor Professor Jeffrey Ashley
"Our primary travel goal was to provide insight into Cuban environmental
conservation while still being immersed in the historical, political and
cultural aspects of Cuba. Recognizing this, Authentic Cuba customized an
itinerary to our needs, desires, and learning goals. From a instructor's
viewpoint, I was particularly impressed with how local experts played a
pivotal role in the learning experiences of my students at each of sites.
Our students loved the variety of activities, sites, and experiences they
had, from visiting an urban 'organoponico' in the suburbs of Havana, to
hiking the remote ecosystems of the Guanahacabibes National Park in the
most westerly part of Cuba. Our students have described the experience as
a 'once in a lifetime' experience and the 'highlight of their
undergraduate education'. Authentic Cuba provided the upmost attention to
all our pre-travel requests and ensured that our travels and experiences
while in Cuba were high-impact learning experiences for our students. As
the instructor of the this undergraduate course, I deeply thank Yane and
her Toronto and Cuba based staff for giving all of us the best possible
glimpse into the "authentic" Cuba that lies beyond the touristy beaches
and pre-conceived notions."
Professor Jeffrey Ashley, Philadelphia University, USA
- "The caliber of the artists, and the art, that our students were exposed to was nothing short of awe inspiring! Suffice to say, some presentations had students rivetted for 2 hours straight, which is near of unheard of for a teenage audience. Highly reccomended!"
Sean Clancy, Seycove Secondary Community School, Canada
- "Cuba offers amazing people, a lively culture, breathtaking architecture, and a beautiful environment for the visual arts and photography. Our tour and fantastic Cuban guide Raul gave the students the time of their lives, and created memories they will cherish forever."
Daylen Luchsinger, Argyle Secondary School, Canada
- "THE HIGHLIGHT for our students was meeting with Cuban students. We spent time with first-year student teachers of English in the teacher training college in Santa Clara. This visit was a huge hit for the Cubans and the Canadians. Within minutes the conversations were buzzing. My students enjoyed meeting with young Cubans who spoke English and the Cubans always love to practise their English. How much did they have in common? A lot as it turned out, particularly in music and political opinions. My students did not want to leave."
Jacqueline Birchall, Fraser Heights Secondary School, Canada
- "We are all back at school and work this week, but still dreaming of our amazing time in Cuba. The girls are all saying how much they loved the trip and what an amazing experience it was. They are planning to do a group presentation to the school at an upcoming assembly, to share their experiences with the rest of the school. Thank you so much for all your efforts and support prior to, and during our trip."
Christina Cuk, Crofton House School, Canada
- "We're baaaack. And what a wonderful trip we had!! It was a terrific itinerary - lots of wonderful visits!! And MILDRED!! What an angel she is......a wonderful tour guide and wonderful human being. We love her too now...... more Cuban friends! We will get ourselves organized with all the photos etc, and share them with you.......perhaps post some on the website?? Thanks very much....and we look forward to sharing our stories (all good!!)"
Sooz Klinkhamer, Kwantlen University College, Canada
- "The students have all expressed how great the trip was and what an impact it has had on them. Thank you for organizing the trip, it was everything that it was promised and more!"
Kendall Brownlee, Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, Canada
- "Our trip to Cuba was unbelievable and I have only one word to describe it ILEANA. Her knowledge of the country and her openness made the education components of the trip so wonderful for our students. She also could be tough when needed to protect our students and gentle when they need encouragement. The students all loved her and our bus drive. I hope your company sees the value in her services and shares it with others coming to experience this wonderful place.
Thank you for a great experience you gave our students.
Ileana and our bus driver were great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hotels and staffs were great!!!!!!!!!!
S. Kent Miller, Chair, Division of Fine Arts, Professor of Theatre
- "We had a fabulous trip thanks to Mildred- she is fabulous and we all learned so much about the culture and history while having fun. We had an amazing time. I will write a reference letter as well as an account of our trip. I have asked parents for permission to send a few pictures to you. We are going to have a group gathering/meal to share pictures and stories in a few weeks. I will be in touch. Thanks again for all your preplanning. It paid off."
Laurie Morphet, Alberni District Secondary School, Canada