Hotel Villa Soroa,
An Overview by Authentic Cuba Travel®
Hotel Villa Soroa is located in the mountain range of Sierra del Rosario, a World Biosphere Reserve in Pinar del Rio Province.
This is an ideal exploration point for nature
lovers given the close proximity to the attractive 21-meter Soroa's Waterfall and
Cuba's largest (and very beautiful) Soroa's Orchid Garden.
Soroa is often called "the rainbow of Cuba" because at certain hours, it is possible to observe a small Rainbow at the waterfall
as the sunlight defuses through the mist.
The hotel consists of 80 air-conditioned two-room cottages. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 5 bars, swimming pool, day and
The surrounding countryside is lush, hilly and very pleasant to wander around. For those into birdwatching
, there are several
viewing stations dotted around, for photographers, the area can affords a good opportunity for fauna and flora shots.
This is an unpretentious and pleasant place which is not going to disappoint as long as your expectations are set at a moderate
Services and Amenities:
- 80 air-conditioning rooms (2 per cottage) with mountain view.
- Telephone- national & international calls.
- Mini bar, satellite television, table and seats for breakfast.
- Voltage 110v, radio alarm, safe deposit box.
- Internet on hotel's PCs, laundry & ironing service.
- Swimming pool, activities for kids, children's swimming pool.
- Front desk safe deposit box, medical services, parking.
- 3 Restaurants, international cuisine.
- Ecological excursions, bird watching, trekking.
- Field sports, games room, motorcycle rental.
- Car rental desk, taxis desk, tours & tourist information desk.
- Bar, lobby bar, poolside bar, TV room/bar.
- Mastercard & Visa (not USA bank issued) accepted.
- Shop(s) with basic supplies, souvenirs & gifts, money exchange.
- Reception staff speak Spanish, English, French, German, Italian.
Soroa's Orchid Garden was created by Cuban naturalist and lawyer Tomas Felipe Camacho.
The Garden features a collection of 250 orchids endemic to the ssland, and over 700 from around the world, along with
numerous species of exotic plants that thrive here thanks to the local climate.
Today, there is also an Orchid Research Center belonging to the University of Pinar del Rio.