Hotel Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba
An Overview by Authentic Cuba Travel®
The Melia Cayo Santa Maria All Inclusive Resort is set in 12 hectares of grounds, alongside almost 400
metres of white, sandy beach. It owes its name to Santa Maria, one of the small islands in the Jardines del
A spacious, white sandy beach, crystal-clear, turquoise waters, lush vegetation and abundant
fauna have made it a National Park (part of UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Buenavista) and one of the most exotic
locations in the Caribbean.
24 hours all Inclusive
- Full board.
- Breakfast in buffet restaurant and snack bar.
- Lunch in buffet restaurant, buffet a la carte restaurant and snack bar.
- Dinner in buffet and 4 a la carte restaurants.
- Selection of locally produced alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks,
served by the glass- various international and permium brand alcoholic drinks are included.
- Wine and beer served with meals.
- Activities as listed.
- Entertainment as listed.
Services and Amenities:
- 358 air-conditioning rooms with terrace or balcony
- Telephone- national & international calls
- Mini bar, satellite television, table and seats for breakfast
- Hanger, hairdryer and plug for electric razor in the bathroom.
- Voltage 110v/ 220v, radio alarm, safe deposit box.
- Internet on hotel's PCs, laundry & ironing service.
- Buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- 5 a la carte restaurants, 1 for lunch, 4 for dinner
- 2 swimming pools, pool snack bar, pool towels
- Sun terrace, sunbeds, umbrellas, gardens
- Car rental desk, taxis desk, tours & tourist information desk.
- Entertainment, theme nights, dancing lessons, language lessons.
- Tennis, gym/fitness centre, sauna, aerobics.
- Whirlpool bath, Turkish bath, steam bath.
- Aqua aerobics, volleyball, climbing tower, football
- Introductory Scuba diving lesson in the pool.
- Non-motorized sports including canoes, kayaking and snorkelling.
- Smoke detectors, fire alarms, strobes, extinguishers, sprinklers.
- Staff trained in first aid, uniformed security personnel 24hrs.
- Doctor in hotel- on call 24hrs, pharmacy
- Barber, ladies hairdresser, beauty salon.
- Boutiques, shop(s), souvenirs & gifts, gallery.
- Mastercard & Visa (not USA bank issued) accepted.
- Money exchange, private off street parking.
- Reception staff speak Spanish, English, French, German, Italian.
The UNESCO Buenavista Biosphere Reserve is situated on the northern coast of Cuba, in parts of the Villa Clara,
Sancti Spiritus and Ciego de Avila provinces, covering a total surface area of 313,502 hectares.
The Buenavista Biosphere Reserve has eleven core areas in two National Parks: Caguanes and Santa Maria Key.
Other ecological reserves are established on Cayo Frances, Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Guillermo and Cayo Coco,
while a fauna reserve is set up on Cayo Las Loras.
One of the singular features of this national park is the group of stone formations called Piedras Cays,
which are surrounded by the sea and have coastal cliffs, natural arches and sea niches that serve as refuges for many
species of flora and fauna.