Hotel Jagua in Cienfuegos
An Overview by Authentic Cuba Travel®
It is considered one of Cuba's most famous hotels. With a magnificent location in the well-known residential area of Punta Gorda,
in Southern Cienfuegos
, the Jagua Hotel rises over the waters of Cienfuegos Bay.
Built in Modernist style in the 1950s, it was recently revamped in sophisticated contemporary style. Today the lobby,
with its acres of glass walls on three sides, is both colourful and exciting, with its contemporary art and equally
The guest rooms are nice and spacious. They benefitted from the recent remodel and today boast colourful (even stylish)
contemporary furnishings. All rooms have a wall of glass with sliding glass doors onto private balconies from which you
can enjoy panoramic views of Cienfuegos Bay and Palacio del Valle building.
In the Jagua's unique setting, one can enjoy the ocean views of the placid bay as well as exquisite restaurants,
and Cienfuegos city center is just a few minutes away. This cosy hotel offers to its guests a reception desk open
all day long, outdoor swimming pool, conference room, lift, bar and restaurant, among other services.
Services and Amenities:
- Air-conditioning rooms with balcony & bay view.
- Telephone- national & international calls.
- Mini bar, satellite television, table and seats for breakfast.
- Hanger, hairdryer and plug for electric razor in the bathroom.
- Voltage 110v/ 220v, radio alarm, safe deposit box.
- Internet on hotel's PCs, laundry & ironing service.
- Swimming pool, activities for kids, children's swimming pool.
- Nursery, bicycling, daily activities & entertainment programs.
- Car rental desk, taxis desk, tours & tourist information desk.
- Smoke detectors, fire alarms, strobes, extinguishers, sprinklers.
- Staff trained in first aid, uniformed security personnel 24hrs.
- Doctor in hotel- on call 24hrs.
- Bar, snacks and drinks 24 hours a day, TV room/bar.
- Conference halls & rooms, international cuisine.
- Lobby bar, cafe/ snack bar, modern building.
- Mastercard & Visa (not USA bank issued) accepted.
- Shop(s) with basic supplies, souvenirs & gifts, money exchange.
- Reception staff speak Spanish, English, French, German, Italian.
Cienfuegos is a marine city that zigzags a wonderful bay recognized as one of the best in the Caribbean for its dimension,
depth and safeness.
The bay of Cienfuegos, at 88 sq km, is the third largest in Cuba and has attracted industry and shipping, which you will
see around the city.
A large shrimp fleet sails from here, the port is a major exporter of sugar with 12 sugar cane
refineries in the area as well as the largest cement plants and oil refineries in Cuba.
Traditionally Cienfuegos has been the site of some of the most prestigious nautical events of the country.
Nowadays Cienfuegos hosts one of the stages in the annual Grand Prix for formula T1 speedboats.