Hotel Habana Libre,
An Overview by Authentic Cuba Travel®
Opened as the Habana Hilton Hotel on 1958, with Conrad Hilton himself in attendance, it was Latin America's tallest and largest
hotel. After the triumph of the Cuban Revolution on January 1959, the Hotel Habana Hilton became Fidel Castro's headquarters for
Today is one of the most symbolic hotels in Havana
, located on a hillside right on the famous corner of 23rd and L, where
the "La Rampa" district begins. The district is home to the most important ministries and the University of La Habana,
and well-known for the animated nightlife.
In 1996 the Spanish Sol Melia Hotel Group assumed management of the hotel in association with the Cuban government.
It was placed in their Tryp division of urban hotels and renamed Hotel Tryp Habana Libre.
It was renovated between 1996 and 1997. Among the highlights of the work was the restoration of an enormous original
mural by artist Amelia Pelaez over the main entrance which had spent decades hidden from public view.
Quiet, spacious and fully equipped rooms, all with a terrace providing exclusive views of the city. The rooms provide a choice
of a queen size bed or two single beds (on request on arrival at the hotel and subject to availability). They measure approximately
42 square metres (including the terrace).
All the rooms have a warm, comfortable and functional decor, especially designed to provide a most enjoyable stay for leisure
The rooms provide a desk and comfortable armchair. The top quality, wooden furniture, the relaxing pastel colours and the
plush carpets create a pleasant atmosphere which exudes luxury and comfort.
Services and Amenities:
- 572 air-conditioning rooms with city view
- 25 floors, 2 executive floors
- Telephone- national & international calls
- Mini bar, satellite television, table and seats for breakfast
- Hanger, hairdryer and plug for electric razor in the bathroom.
- Voltage 110v/ 220v, radio alarm, safe deposit box.
- Internet on hotel's PCs, laundry & ironing service.
- Malecon 5min walk, swimming pool, entertainment programs.
- Terrace, disabled facilities.
- Car rental desk, taxis desk, tours & tourist information desk.
- Elevators/ lifts, post office, secretarial services.
- Business centre, conference rooms, fax, daily newspapers.
- Smoke detectors, fire alarms, strobes, extinguishers, sprinklers.
- Staff trained in first aid, uniformed security personnel 24hrs.
- Doctor in hotel- on call 24hrs, pharmacy
- Lobby bar, a la Carte Restaurant, billiards/ pool table.
- Nightclub/ disco, poolside snack bar, TV room/bar, cafe/snack bar.
- Barber, ladies hairdresser, beauty salon.
- Boutiques, shop(s), souvenirs & gifts, gallery.
- Shops max 2min walk, busy street, nightclubs nearby.
- Mastercard & Visa (not USA bank issued) accepted.
- Money exchange, private off street parking.
- Reception staff speak Spanish, English, French, German, Italian.
Restaurants, Bars, Cabarets
A la carte Restaurant El Barracon sporting fine Italian and creole cuisine.
Buffet style Las Antillas hosting a scrumptious international style buffet.
A la carte Restaurant El Polinesio with a wide selection of Asia dishes.
A la carte Restaurant Sierra Maestra serving international cuisine.
El Patio bar specializing in Cuban cocktails, perfect for quiet intimate meetings.
Siboney piano bar located in the hotel's breezy air-conditioned lobby.
The indoor 24-hour La Rampa Cafeteria has a great menu for every taste and budget.
El Turquino Club occupies the 27th floor of the hotel providing the best view of city.