Hotel Costa Sur in Trinidad
An Overview by Authentic Cuba Travel®
The Costa Sur Hotel is located on Maria Aguilar beach, facing the famous Caribbean sea on the south coast of Cuba. Near the colonial city of Trinidad
and the Escambray mountain range, this hotel gives you the perfect combination of beach, colonial architecture, countryside and mountains.
The resort reopened in early 2008 after being closed for three years for a much-needed overhaul. It has 132 rooms divided in three blocks, the first has 73 standard rooms with balcony, the second has 39 tropical type rooms with balcony and ocean view, and the third is formed by 20 bungalows located at the beach front line with terrace. All rooms have air conditioning, TV Satellite, private bathroom, and telephone.
Club Amigos Costa Sur is considered a wonderful facility with good swimming and excellent snorkeling nearby. Comfortable, good food with friendly helpful staff and a laid back atmosphere. It has 2 restaurants, four bars, a night club, games room, swimming pool and tennis and volleyball courts. Water sports options include aquatic bicycles, snorkeling and kayaking. Dance lessons are also available.
Hotel Costa Sur makes an ideal base from which to explore the architectural treasures of nearby Trinidad and the forested Sierra del
Escambray and Topes de Collantes.
Services and Amenities:
- 131 air-conditioning rooms with balcony & ocean view.
- Telephone- national & international calls.
- Mini bar, satellite television, table and seats for breakfast.
- Hanger, hairdryer and plug for electric razor in the bathroom.
- Voltage 110v, radio alarm, safe deposit box.
- Internet on hotel's PCs, laundry & ironing service.
- Swimming pool, activities for kids, children's swimming pool.
- Nursery, beach, bicycling, activities & entertainment programs.
- Water sports, disabled facilities, massage, sauna
- Games room, scuba diving school nearby, snorkelling.
- Car rental desk, taxis desk, tours & tourist information desk.
- Smoke detectors, fire alarms, strobes, extinguishers, sprinklers.
- Staff trained in first aid, uniformed security personnel 24hrs.
- Doctor in hotel- on call 24hrs.
- Bar, snacks and drinks 24 hours a day, TV room/bar.
- Conference halls & rooms, international cuisine.
- Lobby bar, cafe/ snack bar, modern building.
- Mastercard & Visa (not USA bank issued) accepted.
- Shop(s) with basic supplies, souvenirs & gifts, money exchange.
- Reception staff speak Spanish, English, French, German, Italian.
Located on a peninsula 12 kilometers south of Trinidad Town, Playa Ancon is the best Trinidad's beach. This is the ideal place for beach life, water sports, beach volleyball, swimming, snorkelling, diving.
Ancon is also considered the largest beach on the south coast of Cuba, with its 4 kms
of medium-grain cream-colored sand that slopes gently into a beach of clear blue-green waters.
Ancon has a warm, little changing weather throughout the year, with an average annual temperature of 26 C
With white sandy beach with coco palms, Playa Ancon is the ideal place for relax vacation lovers.